Tuesday, October 05, 2010

If I love October so much why don't I marry it?

Demons print box set by Sean William Dawson


Yeah, it's true. I love October. And not just because it's finally the end of those hot, sweaty, donttouchmeorI'llstabyouintheface days but it also is the beginning of awesome TV.


Demons print box set by Sean William Dawson

As a kid (and as an adult) I've always been fascinated with monsters. And October was always the month where I got a healthy dose of horrific and gruesome creatures. It seemed that every sitcom or cartoon had at least one Halloween themed episode, so it was always a treat to see watered down comedies have at least a little bit of horror sprinkled into it.

Demons print box set by Sean William Dawson

I can even remember  a two pert episode of Punky Brewster that scared the living shit out of me. I'm sure if I were to see it today I would scoff and call the TV a pussy but back then I was shaking in my little Yoda Underoo's. (Yeah, I had Yoda Underoo's, so what? I know they weren't as cool as my friends Boba Fett ones, that actually looked like the Mandalorian armor........ oh shit, that was so awesome).
Demons print box set by Sean William Dawson
 Where was I....?  Oh yes, so remember to get you influenza inoculation early this year. Wait....uhhh, no that's not it.

Finding Friends By Laura Berger
 Now that we have that out of the way, here are some sneak peeks at some of the work that will be showcased in the creature Features exhibit which opens this Friday.

Blood of Dracula by Mimi Traillette

Invasion Of The Saucermen by Mimi Traillette

Frankenstein by Mimi Traillette

Creature From The Black Lagoon by Mimi Traillette
Monsters and Tractor-Beams board game by Tyson Bodnarchuk
 Hope to see you all out this Friday!
Monster Pelt by Tyson Bodnarchuk

No comments: