Thursday, June 14, 2007

William Shatner, I heart you!


I have many fond memories of my early years in life staying at home with my mom. Previously a secretary at the University of Winnipeg in the 70's, once I came around in 1980, she decided that working in an office was not her cup of tea (actually I think she said it really sucked) and she decided to stay home and take care of yours truly until I was off to kindergarten.

I would help her do some baking, fold laundry, make some drawings, work out with her to aerobics on TV for one hour (it was the 80's, apparently even kids did aerobics) and of course, in the late afternoon watch Star Trek. My mom LOVED Star Trek, therefore so did I. But really, what kid wouldn't love the original Star Trek? And what would the original Star Trek be without Shatner?

In a moving homage to WS himself, a group of artists have put together a show appropriately titled "The Shatner Show". It's an exhibition and book of illustrations inspired by the life and career of William Shatner. The show is running from June 16 - August 31, 2007 at the UPPERCASE gallery in Calgary. www.theshatnershow.com

Our good friends at Pony of Prey are taking part in this show, God only knows what they came up with based on this theme....in fact, I think the term "theme" is a loose definition for these two scallywags, but they will no doubt have made something worth checking out.

No comments: