Monday, February 23, 2009

Fifi Lapin


Another great artist whose work will be part of the "Prints are People Too!" show is the lovely Fifi Lapin, from London (England). Like most of my Etsy favorites, I ran across her shop completely by accident, and was immediately smitten. I mean, amazing illustrations of bunnies in designer collections? How could I resist!?


Here's a little bio, grabbed directly from her shop:

I was born one of 257 brothers and sisters but sadly there was an outbreak of myxamatosis when I was one year old and I was the only one that survived. My parents are therefore incredibly protective of me and spoil me rotten. I'm an 'haress' to my fathers fortune which he made playing fast and loose with carrot and lettuce shares on the international stock market. There are a lot of rabbits out there so I guess he just struck gold (or orange you might say). Some people think I’m just a socialite but I think there is more to me than just an extremely stylish clotheshorse! I love to wear the latest fashions and I never wear the same outfit twice which means each and every one of my original drawings is totally unique

I'm madly in love with every single print in her shop. Her drawings of the designer collections are brilliant (see some recent ones on her blog), you can even search her illustrations by designer, so fabulous! (look in the lower right hand column of the blog) . Her single bunny portraits are utterly charming as well, and come with dreamy titles like "stormy tea dress" and "fifi in the striped shirt".


Fifi recently finished work on a collab mini collection with LeSportsac, what a perfect match!
You can read more about this collab on her website www.iheartfifilapin.com. Sadly we will not be selling ltd. edition LeSportsac at HQ any time soon, but don't miss out on one of her prints from our show!

xo
Angie

No comments: