Monday, February 25, 2008

Vintage Stuff from Headquarters is now online!



As many of you who've been down to HQ know, we sell some vintage shoes, jewelry and purses alongside all our wonderful handmade stuff and indie designer stuff. We like to offer things at all price points, and selling vintage stuff let's us throw some things in the store at really decent prices. I've always had a thing for vintage, ever since before I knew it was called vintage and I just called it "my aunts old clothes from my grandmas basement". Old stuff is often made better, using better quality materials, better techniques, and it also allows you to wear stuff that is not necessarily only available in "the" colours that are in all the stores. Currently I'm thanking my lucky stars that mustard is back "in" but before that, I relied solely on vintage items to get my fix of one of my favorite colours.



We've limited the type of things we sell at HQ to shoes, jewelry and purses because we wanted to keep the main focus of the store on handmade/indie items. So we recently decided to set up an Etsy shop for all our vintage stuff (which is allowed all you naysayers, check the rules!) and in this shop will be selling clothing as well as accessories. For all you Montreal shoppers out there, if you see something you like in our Etsy store just let us know and we can bring it down to the store for you to pick up. No need to ship within the city and waste paper on packaging and money on postage. Take the metro for heavens sake too, we're like 3 blocks away from it!


Currently we have some purses and shoes listed, but I'm working on photographing some clothing, so keep your eyes open for the pretty dresses, jumpsuits, cardigans, sweaters, blouses, etc. to come out and play. You can always get to our Vintage Headquarters store through the "etsy mini" I've just added to the right hand column of this blog (alongside our other Etsy shops), or get there through this link:

www.VintageHeadquarters.etsy.com

If you still don't know about Etsy, this is probably the first time you've read this blog, so I forgive you. Check it out here

2 comments:

/// said...

You have such a LOVELY blog!!! :)

The HQ Duo said...

Thanks so much, I have to take the time to head over to yours more often...