Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Anastasia Lomonova, Fall 07


OK, I'm back. Although I think I'm not 100% back to my normal self yet as I was advised by Tyson this morning that I shook him awake at about midnight last night telling him to watch out because there were matches on his pillow (all with eyes wide open but fully asleep). How weird is that?


Anyways, we've got lots of new stuff in the store for fall, such a treat to see all the new things arriving! Latest on the list: Great fall pieces from montreal designer Anastasia Lomonova.


This is Anastasias second full collection, and we just love her work. She's carried over some of her signature spring 07 pleating details into the fall collection, but with an additional pleating method (box pleating for all those of you who know what the hell I'm talking about) and has used satin and tweeds instead of chiffon.

I'm telling you people, working with a knife pleat (like the skirt above) is hard enough, but working with box pleats is a nightmare. They always shift around and get all distorted. So mad props to Anastasia for pulling this off, the dress with the box pleats (below) looks killer!


There are also some great heather jersey pieces that combine the sporty fabric with feminine silhouettes and girly details. I think these are some great pieces to start a fall wardrobe, they'd look great with a pair of opaque tights and all the nice oxford booties that are coming out.

Fall's on its way folks, and if we're gonna freeze our asses off, we may as well look good doing it!

No comments: