Thursday, June 29, 2006
Finally a post with some pictures again! We just got in new stock from one of our great California artist/designers, Michelle Romo of Crowded Teeth. Here are some facts that you might not have known about Michelle:
- She is a 23 year old living in the great big city of Los Angeles
- She has a 40 hour a week design job, and the rest of her time is spent doing this sha-bang called Crowded Teeth
- She started learning Illustrator and Photoshop when she was 16 - her Mom brought home a fancy new computer and let her go nuts. She's been in front of the computer 20 hours a day since then. What a nice/evil mom!
- She likes Six Feet Under, Junko Mizuno and Jawbreaker
- She has tattoos on her feet
- She has a weird sense of humor and she swears casually - a lot
- She started Crowded Teeth wanting to make t-shirts and products that she would wear and be into. Something that didn't have a huge stupid logo, was graphic-y and pretty, and didn't cost a billion dollars.
So far HQ has Crowded Teeth T's for girls and guys, tanks for girls and we just got in theses AMAZING little crocheted pendant necklaces. My favorite is the Teru Teru Bozu necklace, Michelle tells me that it's inspired by these little dolls they make in Japan during the rainy season and hang in the window to make the rain go away - like I said AMAZING! Sooooooo fun!