Thursday, September 04, 2008

A lesson in how to tie together two totally unrelated events...


Image from Flickr user Euro_Trash

Contrary to the weather outside, fall is upon us. And when I start thinking of fall, I start thinking about fall footwear. So why the heck am I thinking about fall weather or fall footwear when it's +35 out? Well, I dropped part of our buttonmaker on my foot last night, slightly crushing my middle toe, which got me thinking about how glad I was that it happened while I could still wear sandals and not have to jam my puffy toe into a boot. It doesn't seem to be broken, since I can still bend it, but it looks abnormally sausage-like (ew), and hurts like a bitch. Tyson probably won't even be able to read this post, he's so foot phobic. Anyways, back to the boots...

In addition to the amazing Chatte Bottee party we'll be hosting later this month, I've scored a couple of great vintage boots (both calf height and the more recently popular ankle height) that Tyson has now put out in the store. The most recent calf height aquisitions (found with the help of my friends Amanda and Elaine) are in the smaller size range sadly (5-7) but I'll be working on getting larger sizes, promise! For the girl with the larger sized feet though, we have some really cute brogues/oxfords and ankle boots that look equally cute with tights or jeans. My advice is to check in early, since we all know the vintage boots fly away fast!

xo
Angie and her squashed toe

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain! Buttonmakers are so heavy!

Ok. Question: Tyson is foot phobic and he's paints vintage shoes for a living? Is it some sort of therapy? :)

The HQ Duo said...

Ha ha, well, I think he's only grossed out by the actual feet, and I think toes especially get to him...