Saturday, September 13, 2008

New Accessories by Norwegian Wood

Displayed on the lovely jewelry holders made by Hilary (aka. Catchframes), available at HQ

Most of my friends probably think I pretty much just sew logs all day (sometimes it kind of seems like I do)...but it's really not true. Although I'm often mailing out a log order or working on something "log pillow related", I 'm not actually sewing the darn things 24/7. I'm able to find time to do some regular sewing and designing, as well as put together a few jewelry pieces. I find it very relaxing, and also like the fact that I can grab my stuff and plop in front of the TV, but still feel like I've accomplished something after watching 2 hours of HGTV. I don't consider my jewelry to be anywhere near the level of some of the other designers we carry at HQ (Aria , Roadkill and Nea come to mind!) but nevertheless I continue doing it, and hope some others will think they're outfit-worthy.

Displayed on the lovely jewelry holders made by Hilary (aka. Catchframes), available at HQ

I mentioned my fringe necklaces previously here on the blog, but now I've gone a little fringe crazy and done some up in black and olive green (in addition to the original champagne colour) and have even done a super long fringe necklace that I am in love with.


On a much more simple note, I put together these little old-timey telephone charm necklaces and love the great copper colour of them, perfect for fall. Lastly I made this mash up necklace using different colours of chain, some vintage sequins and some vintage cotton lace in a GORGEOUS blue/turquoise colour. The little 1950s plastic charm was a last minute addition, so cute.


xo
Angie

6 comments:

SNAP! said...

I really love these fringe necklaces! Would love to use one in a fashion shoot.

The HQ Duo said...

Anytime! Just shoot me an e-mail or give us a call at the store. The necklaces have amazing movement and could be photographed so well...much better than I'm able to!

Best,
Angie

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie, I sooooo looooove your fringe necklace!! I told Tyson that last week, I hope he told you! lol

You are totally up there with us, for sure! We're all HAWT! :P

The HQ Duo said...

Thanks Janick, and NO, Tyson did not tell me, big surprise!

xo
Angie

Anonymous said...

haha! Guys!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Love your collection! The fringe jewellery is really cool! I'm a girl from Norway, and I'm a little curious why you called your collection Norwegianwood?
S.