Monday, April 03, 2006

Getting to know... Marc Simard




Well what can I say about Marc Simard? He's quite a character. For starters, if you catch him actualy wearing a shirt, take a picture because thats a rare sight. He's also one of the strongest guys I've ever met. I think his DNA is crossed with an ants because he insists on lifting the most insanely huge objects by himself. Why? I dont know! I dont think he even knows, he does it for the Ant Queen, master of us all. All hail Queen Ant!!

Marc also makes really cool books and binders. He uses recycled materials and turns them into works of art. The funny thing is, at one point he was doing most of his woodworking in his bedroom, which is more of a glorified closet. I mean who doesnt do thier sanding, carving and planeing in bed? How can you not love this guy?

Check out more of his work at:
www.broundoor.blogspot.com

No comments: