Monday, September 11, 2006

Osheaga

On september 2nd & 3rd, HQ attended the first Osheaga festival here in Montreal. As far as big outdoor music festivals go, I was amazed at how well organized it was. Out of 50 bands there were only two delays (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Wolf Parade) making the multiple sets move along smoothly and semlessly. Here are some blurry pictures...


Mrs. Bodnarchuk..... I mean Kim Gordon. One of the coolest people on the planet. Hands down.


The YPF graced the arts tent. This is from thier 24 hour show.


Live painting by Heavyweight. The Arts Tent also included limited prints by Devo superstar Mark Mothersbaugh.


Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Worth the wait, but they didnt blow me away as much as I thought they would.



Final Fantasy. Not only was his performance jaw dropping, but his Elf-like good looks hypnotized the crowd.



Islands.


One half of Furni Creations, Mike Giles was present.



Those that know me know I'm not a tall man. But I'm not short..... Well I'm short but I'm not small..... well I'm small but I'm not tiny...... O.K. I'm tiny but I'm not wee...... yeah, I'm wee.
Any-hoo, the sand that was left over from the Out Games Volleyball event was perfect for creating a mound to stand on so I could see over all you fat heads.



Neil, Michelle and Ksenya dressed up like Aliens or Santa Claus and danced onstage for the entire Flaming Lips set.



Even though the festival was almost perfect, there are always a few morons in the crowd, being a royal pain in the ass. A couple observations:

1. Since the smoking ban took affect here in Montreal, I can understand being excited to smoke while you watch your favorite band. Thats fine. I can handle that. But lighting up a fucking cigar in the middle of a tight crowd?! Now thats just being a douchebag!

2. You might have the best rhythm in the world but bringing a fucking cowbell and tamborine and playing along is just plain stupid and annoying.

No comments: