Friday, July 07, 2006

Getting to know ... Steph Davidson






Well, it's been awhile since we've had a post on one of our artists, Tyson has been slacking! I guess pepper spray will do that sometimes....

I'm not sure exactly how Tyson found out about Steph Davidsons work, but I'm super glad he did! Here's a little background on her, straight from our e-mail:

"mm lets see I grew up in Toronto, my influences have mostly been grafitti, old comic art, and some early Renaissance printing and painters like Durer. My tastes usually drift between cartoonish drawings and old school oil paintings. I also have to give props to the Oh Billy crew who have also influenced me and are incredibly talented. I just graduated from Western where I took media studies and visual arts. My next project is to conquer airbrushing."

I couldn't have said it better myself .... no really.... I don't even know her, so I really couldn't...

For now we're satisfied just sitting around coveting her art, but we know someday she'll be unable to resist the tempations of Montreal any longer and will come out for a visit, and then we will know her a little better. If you would like to see more of Steph's work come down to the store tomorrow (sat. July 8th) for our grand opening party/group art show, Steph has an amazing piece on display!

No comments: